Joined: Nov 16, 2009 Messages: 630 Likes Received: 11. carrot said: ↑ Manix 2 is the better buy here. Considered one the their toughest locking mechanisms, it consists of a hardened steel ball bearing encased in a polymer cage. At either price I think the Manix packs a ton of value. (176 g) Today I am reviewing the Spyderco Manix2 XL (C95GP2). Shaman vs Manix 2. TheOutdoorNerd. Joined: Oct 4, 2006 Messages: 702 Likes Received: 291. This is no surprise as the Manix 2, in any variation, has a lot to offer. Sometimes I feel a little bit spoiled by Spyderco…, They just keep coming up with cool knife designs, and their knives always seem to perform at a high level…. Spyderco: Manix 2 XL - Ball Bearing Lock - Black G-10 - CPM-S30V - C95GP2. 3 3/4" full-flat ground CPM-S30V stainless blade with thumb hole pull. The Spyderco Manix 2 is one of the most consistently popular folders in the market. Post by BAL » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:08 pm . 5" closed. Apr 21, 2020 #19. ], Spyderco Military Vs Paramilitary 2 [Which Is The Right Knife For You? Like I mentioned before, the Paramilitary 2 is a more compact version of the Military model (and the Para 3 is an even smaller design in the Spyderco Military model family)…, The blade length on the Para 2 is 3.42 inches long, and the handle comes in at 4.82 inches long. The recipe for success: Start with an exceptionally strong lock, a manufacture using precise tolerances and add a blade honed from exotic high-carbon stainless steel. It is a tall knife with a so-called Ball Bearing Lock. The Manix 2 … save hide report. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I have seen both of these get recommended a lot. The Manix 2 FRN handles are blocky and poorly molded compared to any Japan-made FRN from Spyderco. I hate saying just to buy both but eh, it might just happen anyway. Kones … Right now, two of their most popular folding knives are: And in this Spyderco Manix 2 Vs Paramilitary 2 comparison, we’re going to put these two designs up against each other in the following categories…, In the end, I’ll tell you which of these knife designs I prefer, and you should have all the information you need to determine which is the right knife for you…, The Manix 2 is built using high quality materials. I have a full grip, a manix 2 LW in CTS-BD1, and a manix 2 LW in s110v, so I see your dilemma. It's a little larger than a shaman. Between the two I personally prefer the Manix as a general purpose blade because its better at removing splinters from my fingers when I'm trailbuilding. 287. This will be for an EDC knife, and size doesn't matter to me. Because of the … Admin March 12, 2013 Uncategorized No Comments. It also does a good job of giving you traction while you’re cutting or slicing with the knife, and it feels great in your hand. The blade is locked open using Spyderco's patented Ball Bearing Lock. BAL Member Posts: 3463 Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 am Location: Middle Earth. ], Spyderco Endura Vs Military [Which Is The Better Knife For You? A more than reliable Spyderco Patented Ball Bearing Lock can handle the toughest tasks, is easily operated and can be utilized right or left-handed. Joined: Dec 21, 2013 Messages: 307 Likes Received: 1,287. Joined: May 23, 2012 Messages: 466 Likes Received: 311. The Manix 2 XL is the taller version of the Manix 2. Big, bigger, and biggest! Which one would be the best to go for? Currently you can get a Manix 2 for right around $80 shipped, and a low as $70 shipped if you want a combo edge or serrated version. Ball Bearing Lock Black CPM-S30V Full-Flat Grind G-10. #3 powernoodle, Apr 2, 2013. Posted by 4 years ago. I have a 2011 Manix2 154CM and LOVE everything about it, especially size/weight. Top. Archived. The Spyder Edge is basically Spyderco’s version of a serrated edge, and the Combination Edge is a half plain edge and half serrated blade…, Personally, I prefer a Plain Edge on all of my knives because it just makes them easier to sharpen, but I like that Spyderco offers this design with the Spyder Edge and Combination Edge for those who want a serrated blade…, In addition to that, the Manix 2 has the traditional Spyderco hole which allows you to deploy the blade quickly and easily, and the knife comes to you very sharp right out of the box…, There’s also some jimping on the thumb ramp (along the spine of the blade) and on the finger choil to help give you more control when you’re using the knife…. Black G-10 handles with enlarged lanyard hole. Thanks in advance for any advice and tips on the above knives. Dec 11, 2012. Just to put things into perspective, the Spyderco Tenacioushas roughly the same dimensions b… Spyderco Manix 2 XL C95GP2. Kones likes this. Aaron S. 07-20-2019. Right-hand, tip-up carry only. £ 42,70 £ 44,95. Here's the Manix 2 against the XL Isn't it weird how the top of the handles are different and the XL has an extra pin? Spyderco C95GP2 Manix 2 XL Black G-10 3.875″ Full-Flat Satin CPM-S30V $ 220.00 $ 154.00. ], Spyderco Delica Vs Dragonfly [Which Is The Better Knife For You? It comes in a variety of models with ball bearing locks, G-10, FRCP, and much more. -Price Paid: N/A-Used for Other-Owned for 3 months Comments: The feel of the knife in the hand is amazing, the knife is super solid.It is a major leap forward compared to the Manix 2 ( I own 1) the Manix XL grind FFG is much better than the hollow grind on the Manix 2 and the s30v is a better choice as well. CarsonWayne Basic Member Basic Member. The Manix 2 is an extremely popular knife. The Manix 2 is certainly not the easiest to operate with one hand. You can get the Manix 2 with either a metallic blade or a black blade, and the handle comes in colors like black and dark blue. Spyderco Manix 2 XL C95GP2 - Black G-10 Scales. Oct 30, 2015. Spyderco Manix 2 or Para military 2? It introduced a bunch of new features the most notable of which was a unique ball bearing lock that’s performs exceptionally well (more on this later). Close. The blade is .125 of an inch thick and it came from the factory hair shaving sharp. One more thing - the jimping on my thumb ramp is sharp, and the handle shape locks your hand in there pretty good, so I'm groovy with that aspect of the knife as well. The Manix 2 XL is the taller version of the Manix 2. The large Manix 2 is an oversized version of the Manix2 with a blade that is just under four-inches. Right-hand, tip-up carry only. Ball bearing lock blade locking mechanism. The large Manix 2 is an oversized version of the Manix2 with a blade that is just under four-inches. All in all, I am very impressed with the materials Spyderco uses for this knife design. Read the full review on my site --> Spyderco Manix 2 XL C95GP2 - REVIEW As always please post up your questions regarding the knife if you have any. It’s also very comfortable and gives you a good purchase on the knife when you’re using it to slice or cut. Once again, I like the choice of G-10 as a handle material because it’s lightweight, strong, and comfortable…. Post by ohcyclist » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:00 am . Availability: The product availability information is always up to date. If you just want to wreck some shit the Adamas is king though. ]. Ball bearing lock blade locking mechanism. It incorporates the blade tang, a stop pin, and a ramp, and it locks out the blade very securely. The conclusion is the Manix, now available in XL! Joined: Nov 16, 2009 Messages: 630 Likes Received: 11. I'm currently torn between buying these two knives, and was wondering what r/knives thinks what knife is better quality and the best "bang for your buck.". The blade is .125 of an inch thick and it came from the factory hair shaving sharp. Everything else, imo, goes in favor of the manix 2 family, especially if you get the lightweight model. Could this be your only knife for the rest of your life? If I could get a Manix2 XL with a black blade, it'd be a done deal. The Manix 2, Manix 2 XL (not pictured), Superleaf, and contoured Halpern Mule Team handle are my favorites for hand comfort.

manix 2 vs manix 2 xl

Hazelnut Propagation Methods, Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit & Rose, Walleye Fish Baby, Real Fruit Cake Recipe, How To Grow Ivy, Gnome Names Dnd, Ch3coch3 Molecular Geometry, Happy Color Offline, Best Vocabulary Builder App,