935) 2. To send Caesar a warning. "A sunny day encourages vipers to come out into the open." He thinks that Antony is weak and with be unable to do much after Caesar’s death. Homework #12 - Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene IV. Decius will do it. He says that he has "no personal cause to spurn at" Caesar, except "for the general," meaning that there are general reasons for the public good. What is she really worrying about? He shouldn’t trust people. In Portia’s aside starting on line 6, what does she reveal that she knows? . V. CAESAR ACT III SCENE 1: The death of Caesar 44) What reason does Caesar give for not reading Artemidorus’s letter? Do you see any flaws or weaknesses in the conspirators’ plans? Portia, Brutus' wife is speaking with Lucius, a boy she commands to run the errand of going to the "senate-house;" to report to her how her husband is and how Caesar is and what "the suitors press to him [Caesar]." What are some character traits of Mark Antony in Shakespeare's. Since Brutus did not tell Portia of his plans, Portia is extremely excited, struggling to maintain her self-control and imagining noises that seem to be coming from the capitol. 2 Answers. 9. A good message one he will want to hear. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Why is Portia so nervous?-she is nervous about the conspiracy. Why does Portia send Lucius to the capital? Make sure Brutus is all right c. Boo at Caesar d.Kill Brutus / Enter BRUTUS / BRUTUS / What, Lucius, ho! 20 I heard a bustling rumor like a fray, And the wind brings it from the Capitol. ⌜ … Why does Portia send Lucius to the capital? 1 decade ago. Portia. She says to tell her exactly who is talking to Caesar, and then hears a loud noise. Briefly paraphrase his letter. ... Why does Brutus put a stop to Cassius’s idea to also kill Antony? What is she really worrying about? 8. LUCIUS Sooth, madam, I hear nothing. To try and warn Caesar. As a former mutual fund manager, Michelle Connell, CFA, uses her experience and knowledge to perform the due diligence necessary in choosing the best investments for you. Caesar requests the men to be near him at all times in the Capitol today. 11. O constancy, be strong upon my side, Set a huge mountain 'tween my heart and tongue! On what errand does she send Lucius? Relevance. What is Artemidorus’s plan? Why is Portia so nervous? 1 Educator answer. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. 18. 2. Latest answer posted March 03, 2016 at 9:08:39 PM Favorite Answer. Answer Save. question. Portia tries to convince Brutus to tell her his secret. In this scene, Portia wishes to act but cannot for she has "a man's mind, but a woman's might." In Act 2 Scene 4 in Julius Caesar, why does Portia send Lucius to the Senate, and why is she worried/nervous?Why does she also not want to tell... You are correct to note that Portia appears to be worried or nervous. Your IP: 78.47.86.98 Goals-Based Wealth Management. They plan to meet Caesar at his house and bring him to the Capitol where they plan to murder him in plain sight. Portia Sends Lucius to the Capitol. How can Calpurnia best be described? Personalized Service. Why does Portia send Lucius to the capital? Portia sent Lucius to the capitol because she wanted her servant boy Lucius to tell Brutus that she was well and also check if Brutus was all right, also to check on the whereabouts of Caesar. 2. 12. Who convinces Caesar to go to the Capitol? Act II Scene IV : Why is Portia so nervous and upset? 1 Answer. Features: Scene-By-Scene Summary and Commentary, Plot Summary, Character Descriptions, Literary Analysis – Themes. Relevance. / I cannot, by the progress of the stars, / Give guess how near to day. In scene four, why does Portia send Lucius to the Capital himself? Why is Brutus against the conspirators swearing in an oath? • Sign up now, Latest answer posted January 04, 2018 at 10:02:16 PM, Latest answer posted June 05, 2016 at 5:52:04 PM, Latest answer posted March 18, 2016 at 11:57:23 PM, Latest answer posted May 09, 2011 at 7:56:23 PM, Latest answer posted March 11, 2020 at 2:54:58 PM. Portia is worried, because Brutus didn't look so hot when he left the house that morning. Brutus, if you're sick, is it healthy to walk without warm clothes breathing in the air on this dank morning? She is a good wife. Portia sends Lucius to the Capitol to learn whether the conspirators have been successful. 1 decade ago. In scene 4 why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Why is Portia so nervous and upset? *She is worried about Brutus because she knows what he is about to do [kill Caesar]. To warn Caesar again regarding what is about to happen - givng him a chance to change it Did Brutus ever have a chance to tell Portia about the assassination plans? Act II Scene III : What is Artemidorus’s plan? Educators go through a rigorous application process, and every answer they submit is reviewed by our in-house editorial team. Julius Caesar. Enter Portia and Lucius. Why does Portia send Lucius to the capital? Julius Caesar. Anonymous. How does Decius convince Caesar to go to the Capitol? She wants news of what is going on and she is worried about Brutus Why does the fortuneteller go toward the capitol himself? Portia sent Lucius to the capitol because she wanted her servant boy Lucius to tell Brutus that she was well and also check if Brutus was all right, also to check on the whereabouts of Caesar. Brutus believes that once Caesar dies, Antony is nothing. 16. She fears for her husband; when he left this morning "he went sickly forth;" (Line 13). 1. The soothsayer enters, and Portia questions him; he says he is on his way to the Capitol to warn Caesar. OUR DIFFERENCE . Stay not to answer me, but get thee gone. Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now. Who are the experts?Our certified Educators are real professors, teachers, and scholars who use their academic expertise to tackle your toughest questions. Does he have the same motivation of some of the other conspirators, namely Cassius? Meanwhile, his artistic profession evokes the poet Gaius Helvius Cinna. 11. 2. I would have had thee there, and here again, Ere I can tell thee what thou shouldst do … If you're sick, is it healthy to leave your restorative bed and risk catching a disease in the night, daring the flu … What will happen to Brutus if his assassination plan fails? How does Caesar react to Artie’s urgent warning to read the letter? Enter PORTIA and LUCIUS Portia. Our summaries and analyses are written by experts, and your questions are answered by real teachers. Features: Scene-By-Scene Summary and Commentary, Plot Summary, Character Descriptions, Literary Analysis – Themes. V. CAESAR ACT III SCENE 1: The death of Caesar 44) What reason does Caesar give for not reading Artemidorus’s letter? How do you know that? Did Brutus ever have a chance to tell Portia about the assassination plans? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? What do you think is the purpose of this scene? 10. Already a member? He wants to read the touching one last. She tells Lucius to run quickly to the Senate and chides him for hanging around, but he reminds her that he hasn't left because she hasn't told him what he's going there for. Act Two Quotations 1. It also confirms that Portia is still very disturbed by the conversation she had with Brutus the night before (Act 2, Scene 1). check Approved by eNotes Editorial. What does she send Lucius to do? PORTIA : Yes, bring me word, boy, if thy lord look well, For he went sickly forth: and take good note : What Caesar doth, what suitors press to him. 2. Julius Caesar. Portia sends Lucius because she wants him to check on Brutus to see if he is well and to find out what is going on with Caesar. What does the Soothsayer plan to do at the end of this scene? Latest answer posted June 05, 2016 at 5:52:04 PM Portia. Therefore, she is privy to the plans of the Conspirators, which is to murder Caesar. Soothsayer : That I have, lady: if it will please Caesar : To be so good to Caesar as to hear me, I shall beseech him to befriend himself. 500. 43) What does the Soothsayer plan to do? PORTIA Prithee, listen well. Homework #11 - Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene III. Has Brutus told Portia about the conspiracy? What is the best way to describe the tone of Act 2? For more on Portia and this scene, please follow the links below. Cassius. Match the character with the adjective that best describes him/her ____C__ Caesar__B___ Brutus What does Artemidorus plan to do?-He wants Caesar. 1 Educator Answer Compare and contrast Calpurnia and Portia in Julius Ceasar by William Shakespeare. To try and warn Caesar. LUCIUS To know my errand, madam. Analysis. 1 Educator answer. The people he requests close to him are conspirators. Why did Lucius not recognize the other conspirators with Cassius when they arrive? In scene IV, why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol To get information about what her husband is planning behind her back Caesar's initial decision to stay at home rather than to go to the Senate … 15. At first, Lucius is confused because Portia doesn't give him a specific errand; she simply asks him to go to the Senate. What does Portia instruct Lucius to do? Who is Brutus brother in law? Once inside the Capitol, the conspirators… Act 3, scene 2. Favorite Answer. Portia. Enter PORTIA and LUCIUS Portia. 13. Who is Artemidorus and what has he done? 1. On what errand does she send Lucius? Portia tries to send Lucius to the senate to see what is going on, but she doesn’t give him very clear instructions, and he is confused. Relevance. I prithee, boy, run to the senate-house; Stay not to answer me, but get thee gone: Why dost thou stay? What do you think is the purpose of this scene? Although he does not definitively know of a plot against Caesar, he is afraid that one exists. She is worried about Caesar. Nervous, she struggles to direct Lucius without giving away what she knows of the conspiracy. what noise is that? Portia sent Lucius to the capitol because she wanted her servant boy Lucius to tell Brutus that she was well and also check if Brutus was all right, also to check on the whereabouts of Caesar. What is Artemidorus's plan? Anonymous. What did the augurers (fortune tellers) advise regarding this? Why does Brutus join the conspiracy? The Best Solutions. 1 decade ago. Act III, Scene i 37. Act III, Scene I Why doesn’t Caesar read Artemidorus’ letter first? 1 Educator answer. Summary. In scene 4, why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Julius Caesar. To know my errand, madam. Overall 12. She stabs herself in the thigh. The Capitol of Panem is a technologically advanced, utopian city where the nation's most wealthy, famous and powerful citizens live. Scene 3 13. Why dost thou stay? She sends him to the Capitol to see what is going on. ©2020 eNotes.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved, What is an example of a person vs. supernatural conflict from, Identify and explain the cobbler's puns in. Julius Caesar. When was William Shakespeare born? Scene 4 14. What does this imply? 1 Educator answer. On what errand does she send Lucius? LUCIUS : I hear none, madam. Act 2: Why doesn’t Brutus want Antony killed? At the end of the scene where does Lucius go? Although she doesn't know exactly what is going on, she suspects it is very bad indeed. Why is Portia so nervous and upset? How does she try to convince him? I prithee, boy, run to the senate-house; Stay not to answer me, but get thee gone: Why dost thou stay? On what errand does she send Lucius? 10. What type of message does the soothsayer have for Caesar? When Lucius has gone, Brutus speaks one of the most important and controversial soliloquies in the play. 11. Why is she concerned that she might ‘spill the beans’ (what is her weakness)? Act II scene iv: 14. Decius tells Caesar to come along with him to kill him. Cinna the poet is attacked and killed by the Roman mob because his name is the same as that of… Act 4, scene 1. On what errand does she send Lucius? (Top of pg. SCENE I. Rome. Did Brutus ever have a chance to tell Portia of the assassination plans? You are correct to note that Portia appears to be worried or nervous. Why does Portia send Lucius to the capitol? What does Portia do to prove that she is strong enough to hear the cares and worries of her husband? In scene 4, why does portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Go to the senate house and bring her a message. Portia sends Lucius to observe Brutus at the Senate on March 15, and orders him to come back and report to her. At the end of the scene where does Lucius go? II,4,1142. What is she really worrying about? She wants him to tell her exactly who is talking to Caesar. What is she really worrying about? Julius Caesar. 42) Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Dedicated to Caesar . O Brutus, the heavens speed thee in thine enterprise!' Seneca Crane Seneca Crane is the Head Gamemaker of the 74th Hunger Games, in charge of the event’s design and execution. Why does Brutus join the conspiracy? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Features: Scene-By-Scene Summary and Commentary, Plot Summary, Character Descriptions, Literary Analysis – Themes. PORTIA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT WHY PORTIA? How does Decius convince Caesar to go to the Capitol? Surely it can be assumed that she does not tell him because she promised Brutus that she would not tell anyone. Worried sick about Brutus, Portia imagines she hears a brawl at the Capitol and sends the servant Lucius to check on her husband. 500. She wants him to tell her exactly who is talking to Caesar. Act II scene iii. .Run, Lucius, and commend me to my lord; And bring me word what he doth say to thee. Who does Portia beg to go to the senate house? To watch over Brutus and pay attention to what men are close to Caesar. 1140; Lucius. PORTIA : Prithee, listen well; I heard a bustling rumour, like a fray, And the wind brings it from the Capitol. Latest answer posted September 20, 2016 at 11:48:53 PM 2. Portia wants to find out what is going on and she wants to know Brutus is okay. How does he manage to do this? Why does Portia act like nothing is wrong, and tell Lucius to simply go to the Capitol and then come back? Why is she concerned that she might ‘spill the beans’ (what is her weakness)? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? (Inference skills needed) 3. Lucius. 26. How does Decius convince Caesar to go to the Capitol? Why does Portia send Lucius to the capital? And, from her request, we can surmise that, even though it is not a scene played out onstage, Brutus has given in to her pleas from Act II, scene i to take her into his confidence and tell him what is on his mind. She sends Lucius to give greetings to Brutus and tell him that she is in good spirits, then report back to her. Julius Caesar. Scene 4: 17. 2. Lucius. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol She is scared for Brutus. ... why does Portia send Lucius to the Capital himself? Julius Caesar. Portia tries to send Lucius to the senate to see what is going on. In Portia’s aside starting on line 6, what does she reveal that she knows? 3. This is supposed to indicate Portia's disordered state of mind. answer. 72 45) Metellus Cimber kneels before Caesar to plead in … He says that he’s been sick. 45) Metellus Cimber kneels before Caesar to plead in … and then to return to her immediately with what news he has. He hasn’t been eating or sleeping, and when she asks what’s wrong, Brutus doesn’t say anything. Portia sent Lucius to the capitol because she wanted her servant boy Lucius to tell Brutus that she was well and also check if Brutus was all right, also to check on the whereabouts of Caesar. Act III Scene 1 1. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? 1 Answer. Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? What do you think is the purpose of this scene? Why does Portia suspect that something is wrong with Brutus? Why does Portia send Lucius to the Capitol? What is Artemidorus' plan? Does he have the same motivation … Brutus explains to the people that the cause of Caesar’s assassination was the preservation of the Roman Republic from Caesar’s… Act 3, scene 3. BRUTUS's orchard. The fact that Portia is in on the plot is further supported by the questions she asks the Soothsayer and what she says in her final speech of the scene: The heavens speed thee in thine enterprise! to see if Brutus is well, what Caesar does and who is by Him. PORTIA I prithee, boy, run to the Senate House. Top subjects are Literature, History, and Social Sciences. What does Cassius mean when he says that "the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves" in Julius Caesar? What is she really worrying about? Answer the following questions: 1. Aside, she complains that it’s hard to have “a man’s mind but a woman’s might.” Portia’s anxiety contrasts with her earlier steadiness and strength. She wants Lucius to find out if her husband is okay. To see what is going on. / I would it Cloudflare Ray ID: 5fb86bc9c8a82ba1 If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. What is she really worrying about? On what errand does she send Lucius? It is also not hard to imagine how important secrecy is to the potential success of Brutus' plan, another reason for not telling the servant. Julius Caesar. Why does the fortuneteller go toward the capitol himself? To know my errand, madam. This would be the overriding reason for her to be "worried" and "nervous" in this scene, for her husband is about to commit treason against Rome. Due in class on Monday, March 12. Scene three opens with Artemidorous reading a letter. Log in here. It is night and he calls impatiently for his servant, Lucius, and sends him to light a candle in his study. Lucius, I say! Portia tries to send Lucius to the senate to see what is going on, but she doesn’t give him very clear instructions, and he is confused. Although he does not definitively … Why, so I have, my good Portia. Why does Portia act like nothing is wrong, and tell Lucius to simply go to the Capitol and come back? What are its contents? Now go to bed. 43) What does the Soothsayer plan to do? 8. How is this request ironic in light if things to come? Answer: She has a feeling something bad is going on and Brutus is involved. eNotes.com will help you with any book or any question. Her show of bravery and self-control convinces Brutus she is “stronger than her sex” and he agrees to confide in her, only to be interrupted before he has a chance. 19.What does the soothsayer tell Portia?-That Caesar is in more danger. . So, she only asks, initially, for Lucius to find out how Brutus looks and what happens to Caesar, but then, at the end of the scene, she also wants Lucius to also send Brutus her love and support and come back and tell her what he says.

2018 ford f 150: true cost to own

Salter Scales Troubleshooting, Unique Homes For Sale In Michigan, Farm Land For Sale In California, Heat Protection Spray Terbaik, Chocolate Gummy Bears, Oxidation Number Of Cuo, Foard County, Texas Sheriff, Audubon New Orleans Homes For Sale,