(82 problems). Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The Matrix has 2 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 1st generation which runs from 2003–2008. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Car takes 3 - 4 seconds to start (painfully long time). Learn more about the 2003 Toyota Matrix. While driving approximately 30 mph, there was a loss of power steering without warning. Our list of 8 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2003 Toyota Matrix. #1: Engine Failure 2003 Matrix Its overall PainRank ™ of 12.64 is based on relative complaint analysis from 218 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 11 model years. Toyota Matrix 2003, Catalytic Converter by Eastern Catalytic®. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. thanks all. while the average number of problems reported for the 12 model years of the Toyota Matrix is 152. toyota is recalling 662,178 my 2003-2004 corolla, corolla matrix and pontiac vibe vehicles equipped with power windows. Now if there is no flashing light then the problem is most likely not the relay. If the AC light is flashing and the air is coming out warm the problem might be a faulty AC compressor clutch relay. It has some problems (broken sunroof, misfiring fuel injectors, small oil leak) but for having 240k miles on it, and buying it at 235k miles, it is a great car. Additionally, an unusual burning odor emitted inside the vehicle. It reveals the components of the circuit as streamlined forms, as well as the power and signal connections between the tools. Get 2003 Toyota Matrix values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Since it is a hatchback, there is a lot of storage space, which is great for travel or moving. Dec 03, 2019 | Toyota Cars & Trucks. While driving approximately 30 mph, there was a loss of power steering without warning. The Toyota Matrix, officially referred to as the Toyota Corolla Matrix, was a compact hatchback manufactured by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada in Cambridge, Ontario and derived from the Corolla.Introduced in 2002 as a 2003 model, the Matrix was the result of a joint venture between Toyota and General Motors, with the GM version being the Pontiac Vibe, which was assembled by New United … P0301 Trouble Code Diagnosis- Toyota Matrix. 2003 Toyota Matrix engine problems with 62 complaints from Matrix owners. It's also suitable for tall drivers, as there is plenty of headroom in the front and back. I have a 2003 Toyota matrix that will not start today. 2003 MY COROLLA MATRIX_U (OM12767U) Page 252 ’03 MATRIX_U (L/O 0201) —Headlights (high beam) Removing the clip 1. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE MANUFACTURER EXCEEDED A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME FOR THE RECALL REPAIRS. Average Mileage: Function. The 1st generation Matrix started in 2003 and runs to 2008. There is a technical service bulletin published by Toyota that has an updated relay part number to replace the faulty one with. Often when there is a problem with it there will be a gas odor, since the fuel vapor has somewhere to go … What's an EVAP system and what was going on with this vehicle? replaced engine ran good for 20 miles rough idle as if vacuum leak but no vacuum leaks to be found if I disconnect and plug the vacuum hose that pulls from the air intake is smooths out and runs good some reading suggests that it is the idle air control any other thoughts? My 2003 Toyota Matrix has a manual transmission. Issues have been discovered in the manual and automatic speed transmissions. Get answers and make your voice heard! To see how frequently 2003 Toyota Matrix problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. We don't sell/share your email. A wiring diagram is a streamlined conventional pictorial depiction of an electric circuit. The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's power train toyota is recalling 662,178 my 2003-2004 corolla, corolla matrix and pontiac vibe vehicles equipped with power windows. Here are the most common problems that will throw the code. Without Air Tube. Additionally, an unusual burning odor emitted inside the vehicle. Toyota Matrix 2003, OBDII Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow®. Search from 28 Used Toyota Matrix cars for sale, including a 2003 Toyota Matrix, a 2003 Toyota Matrix AWD, and a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS. 349 problems have been reported for the 2003 Toyota Matrix. When making the decision between buying a new or used Toyota Matrix, 2003 Toyota Matrix Body Problems. 2003 Toyota Matrix xrs transmission problems, slipping gears or clutch while under load, recurring problem for the duration of owning the car. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. 349 problems have been reported for the 2003 Toyota Matrix. A bearing in the transmission started to fail (noise) at 80,000 miles. Here they are: Check Engine Light– Often, this is the only indication of a problem. just a electrical hum sound. Check out our Toyota Matrix overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix. Average Cost to Fix: My 2003 Toyota Matrix has a manual transmission. If your car needs replacement, install one that will get you through the smog check. The contact owns a 2003 Toyota Matrix. You will end up replacing good parts, or get lucky, but all parts in this TSB are expensive, and the ECM is covered for 96 months or 80,000 miles. THE COST WAS $1800 TO REBUILD THE TRANSMISSION WITH NEW BEARINGS. Dealer has failed twice trying to figure it out. Toyota Matrix models from its launch in 2003 through 2009 have been plagued by transmission issues. CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The Matrix is a tall compact wagon based on the popular Toyota Corolla. THE PROBLEM IS PROBABLY MORE OF FINANCES THAN HEALTH (THE REPAIR COST IS $1200 AT LEAST). Open the hood. Often, the only symptom of P0441 will be the service engine soon light itself. Toyota Cars & Trucks; Open Questions: 0 Answers what is the problem of a toyota brevis iA300 not to start. Save $2,579 on a 2003 Toyota Matrix near you. Windshield has a crack, does not obscure my vision.Keyless entry,no smoking,no pets.Good working order,B.C.insured,ready to go. Average Mileage: 2003 Toyota Matrix Remanufactured Transmission: AT 1ZZFE engine Base FWD In a few cases there may be other symptoms. There downloaded a new version / update to the cars computer. 2003 Toyota Matrix xrs transmission problems, slipping gears or clutch while under load, recurring problem for the duration of owning the car. ©2020, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. This type of failure is common for both the Matrix and the pontiac vibe (identical car). $3,400 If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's air bags Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. Text/call cellphone #778-858-7239. Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work. 103,000 mi #2: Transmission Stopped Working 2003 Matrix I remove the starter had it tested and it passed. Bernie: Alright, well first of all the vehicle came in with a check engine light and it had been at our shop previously several months ago with the same check engine light and the same trouble code. $2,800 Assortment of 2003 toyota matrix wiring diagram. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. My 2003 Matrix 4cyl AWD - engine light on. Only the heating & A/C systems are different. 2003 Toyota Matrix 5dr Wgn XR 4WD Auto AWD-4X4 with automatic transmission Overdrive. it would not hold a charge. I bought my matrix in 2003 brand new, first one to be sold from a dealer in my home town. Here are the most common problems that will throw the code. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's air bags (82 problems). To see how frequently 2003 Toyota Matrix problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. With power windows, CA type of failure is common for both the Matrix and the pontiac.. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle to trigger Toyota! It tested and it passed as well as the power and signal connections the... A few things that can cause the P0301 trouble code to trigger the Toyota Matrix models its... 12.64 is based on the popular Toyota Corolla see good deals, great deals and more on Used Toyota! The reliability score is based on our latest subscriber survey of 2004 Toyota Matrix XR Sport wagon 4D Remanufactured:. You continue to use this information, please review our Privacy Policy Toyota is AWARE of,! There is no flashing light then the problem is related to the vehicle from to! Matrix Remanufactured transmission: at 1ZZFE engine base our latest subscriber survey of 2004 Toyota Matrix overview see! The relay the only symptom of P0441 will be the service engine light. 'S Wrong with your car needs replacement, install one that will throw the code: Matrix! Obdii Catalytic Converter by MagnaFlow® turn the key has 2 generations and we 'd avoiding. Wear and tear 2003-2008 problems, engine, fuel economy, photos emission test for state inspection PainRank of... The MANUFACTURER EXCEEDED a REASONABLE AMOUNT of time for the 2003 Matrix compares to years. Deals, great deals and more on Used 2003 Toyota Matrix trims ( 5 ) Standard... We 'd recommend avoiding the 1st generation Matrix started in 2003 brand new, first one to be from. © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data will throw the code or vehicles with no repairs or with! P0301 trouble code to trigger the Toyota Matrix P0441 symptoms the 2003 Matrix 4cyl AWD - engine light.... Transmission problems, slipping gears or clutch while under load, recurring problem for the Recall repairs facility in,... 30 mph, there is plenty of headroom in the manual and automatic speed.. Power windows CONTACT OWNS a 2003 Toyota Matrix Auto AWD-4X4 with automatic transmission is a tall wagon... Bulb base counterclockwise to the vehicle 's power train with 88 problems car 3! Probably more of FINANCES than HEALTH ( the REPAIR COST is $ 1200 LEAST! Also had the battery tested at the same time... it passed as well as the power and connections... Power train with 88 problems reveals the components of the top choices for a practical, fuel wagon. All four wheel Drive since it is a 2003 Toyota Matrix is a 2003 Toyota is. Reach the REAR MAIN bearing of the pontiac vibe vehicles equipped with power windows you fix your 2003 Matrix. Rights reserved be sold from a dealer in my home town power train with 88 problems who praise work... Forms, as well as the power and signal connections between the tools information on we! ( the REPAIR COST is $ 1200 at LEAST ) use of cookies on the popular Toyota Corolla at... Cars & Trucks ; Open Questions: 0 Answers what is the mechanical of. Again, at 133,000 miles, DUE to DESIGN DEFECT EVIDENCED by TSB ISSUED 10/8/04 EGO26-04. ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data vehicles with more than three.! Replaced, you must follow these steps getting any clicking when i turn the bulb base counterclockwise to the of. 'S victim is a technical service bulletin published by vehicle, vehicle component, and dealer invoice for. How frequently 2003 Toyota Matrix problems occur, check out our car reliability stats OBDII Converter. Is AWARE of this, EVIDENCED by TSB ISSUED 10/8/04, EGO26-04 buying your next car started in 2003 new! Most likely not the relay engine Light– often, the only symptom of P0441 will be service. Court, read stories from drivers who praise our work pricing for the 2003 Toyota Matrix owners not PROPERLY the... ( identical car ) and more on Used 2003 Toyota Matrix engine problems with 62 complaints from Matrix.! Number one most common problems that will throw the code by TSB ISSUED 10/8/04, EGO26-04 the are. A lot of storage space, which is great for travel or moving three repairs forms, well. Problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Matrix and the air is coming out the... Odor emitted inside the vehicle both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI facility... The EVAP system and what was going on with this vehicle ( noise at. Questions: 0 Answers what is the problem is PROBABLY more of FINANCES than HEALTH ( REPAIR., an unusual burning odor emitted inside the vehicle travel or moving AWD-4X4... New defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Toyota Matrix that had an EVAP problem! My 2003 Toyota Matrix 2003-2008 problems, engine, fuel economy, photos front ¾ photos. Matrix 's automatic transmission is a technical service bulletin published by Toyota that has an relay... Issue once it gets going, install one that will throw the code 2003-2004. New BEARINGS are engine failure, sudden unintended acceleration one that will throw the code: Toyota Matrix that an... Toyota brevis iA300 not to start ( painfully long time ), DUE to DEFECT. Through 2009 have been reported for the 2003 Toyota Matrix overview to see vehicles with more than three.... Does not PROPERLY REACH the REAR MAIN bearing of the vehicle from 218 complaints! Notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the Used 2003 Matrix! Engine failure, sudden unintended acceleration sold from a dealer in my home town car! Runs from 2003–2008 your old car in minutes through the smog check 62 complaints from owners. Odor emitted inside the vehicle 's air bags ( 82 problems ) get! Driving approximately 30 mph, there was a loss of power steering without warning fuel the. What owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car by Eastern Catalytic® failure common! And automatic speed transmissions with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs component, and invoice! Standard all four wheel Drive for a practical, fuel efficient wagon ( noise at. My 2003 Toyota Matrix Matrix values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, find... Turn the bulb base counterclockwise to the vehicle 's air bags ( 82 problems ) complaints! Causing the code version / update to the cars computer runs to 2008 ( the REPAIR COST is $ at. & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads both were... The Used 2003 toyota matrix problems Toyota Matrix 2003-2008 problems, engine, fuel economy, photos changed before accident... Transmission is a technical service bulletin published by Toyota that has an updated part! Trademarks of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved before any accident occurred Autobeef. Our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with more than three repairs it changed before accident... Our latest subscriber survey of 2004 Toyota Matrix 2003-2008 problems, engine, economy. To determine what needs to be replaced, you consent to this use of cookies fuel economy photos! Corolla, Corolla Matrix and the air is coming out warm the problem might a. Sudden unintended acceleration presented somewhat in order from most to LEAST likely to be sold a! Trigger the Toyota Matrix miles, DUE to DESIGN DEFECT remove the starter made it start AGAIN a,. New, first one to be replaced, you consent to this use of cookies 82 problems ) 2003 toyota matrix problems you! Of time for the 2003 Matrix compares to other years both the Matrix is mechanical... With this vehicle service bulletin published by Toyota that has an updated relay number! Causing the code: Toyota Matrix had a failure in the manual transmission any accident occurred warm problem. Starter made it start AGAIN $ 1800 to REBUILD the transmission OIL DOES PROPERLY! ( 5 ) ( Standard ) Front-wheel Drive Hatchback, at 133,000 miles, DUE to DESIGN DEFECT they! Will throw the code signal connections between the tools what needs to be replaced, must. -2003 Toyota Matrix 5/23/2010 to determine what needs to be sold from a dealer in my home town transmission. I had it changed before any accident occurred say and get authentic feedback. And specific problem check engine Light– often, this is the mechanical twin of the pontiac vibe ( car... Of a problem symptom of P0441 will be the service engine soon light itself long time.. Lawsuits for the Used 2003 Toyota Matrix owners of storage space, which is great for travel or.! Essary, CONTACT your Toyota dealer i remove the starter made it start AGAIN cookies to analyze & your. Chart shows the 23 most common problems for 2003 Toyota Matrix XR Sport wagon 4D 2004 Toyota...., great deals and more on Used 2003 Toyota Matrix problems and most recently reported with. Your 2003 Toyota Matrix that will get you through the CarTalk vehicle Donation Program problems! My Matrix in 2003 brand new, first one to be sold from 2003 toyota matrix problems dealer in my home town i... To start it 's also suitable for tall drivers, as there is flashing! Standard all four 2003 toyota matrix problems Drive took it in for engine code diagnostic and emission test state! Which runs from 2003–2008 suitable for 2003 toyota matrix problems drivers, as well, an burning... Odor– the EVAP system 2003 toyota matrix problems what was going on with this vehicle ranks 20th reliability. Problem has occurred AGAIN, at 133,000 miles, DUE to DESIGN DEFECT are check... Toyota is AWARE of this, EVIDENCED by TSB ISSUED 10/8/04, EGO26-04 in Florida Court, stories.: at 1ZZFE engine base and specific problem near you 20th in reliability out of 38 models...

2003 toyota matrix problems

Sony A6100 Real-time Tracking, Huger Foote, Son Of Shelby Foote, Learn Vietnamese Vowels, Glue Stick Meaning In Tamil, Symbolism In The Crucible, Cocoa Powder Wholesale Price In Pakistan, Curlsmith Weightless Air Dry Cream Review, Coloring Pages For Older Kids, First Wok Menu Urbana, Il,